Tuesday, November 22, 2011

10 Things I am Thankful For:


Thanksgiving is now upon us and it is time we all take stock of what is truly important to us and what we are thankful for. We should remember this not only at Thanksgiving but at all times during the year. With our fast paced lives and life passing us by at faster and faster speeds every day it is important to reflect on what we do have in our lives instead of what we don’t have. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

1)      My family – I just don’t know what I would do without them. From my wonderful kids whom I adore, to my rock, my mother who is always there for me no matter what. It is a blessing to have so many of them live near me and our get-to-gethers and emails and calls are my life line. Love to all of you.

2)      My Husband – I had to list him separately from family because he is more than that; he is also my best friend and my love. Here’s to another 20 years my dear!

3)      Friends – I have a few dear friends whom I have known for many years. Even though I may not see them too often they are always in my heart and mind.

4)      Health – I am so thankful that my family and I have been relatively healthy so far in our lives. My kids get sick maybe once a year and Joe I don’t think ever gets sick. I am truly thankful!

5)      Job – Yes I am even thankful for my job. It drives me crazy and at times I want to run out the door screaming but I do have a job and a pretty good one at that.

6)      Home – We are so fortunate to have a safe and humble home to call our own.

7)      Neighbors – I have some petty wonderful neighbors. We all seem to look out for one another and even the neighbors we don’t really know all that well are good people. They take care of each other and the neighborhood.

8)      Thanksgiving – I am thankful for Thanksgiving. One of my favorite holidays. I look forward to this meal all year long. I really should eat turkey more often. Or maybe it is just the atmosphere of the whole day and that it is the prelude to Christmas. I don’t quite know but there is just something about it I love.

9)      My blog – Ok yeah, It is kinda of funny to say but I am thankful for it. This blog has helped stimulate many ideas rattling around in my head and is a creative way for me to express myself. I am entirely enjoying this experience.

10)   Spirituality – Even though I do not attend church or any structured religion, I do consider myself religious. I pray every day and feel spiritually connected to a higher power. I have faith in whatever you want to call it - I call it God. I try to live my life in a way that I can be proud of and do the right thing for myself and for others. It is a simple thing – do unto others. Hard to remember sometimes but it works.



What are you thankful for?


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Warm regards and love,
Erin