Monday, August 29, 2011

Surviving Irene

I certainly hope everyone "weathered" the storm alright yesterday. I will start off by saying we could have had it a lot worse in Beacon but things were not great.  We had power at my house but my neighbors behind us and on the other block over did not have power and still don't. The water started pouring into our basement around 1pm yesterday  - the cat was doing the back stroke and the carpet did not fair too well either. About 1 inch in the back room basement and more water coming through the masonry around our fireplace! Yikes! Needless to say it was a very stressful day yesterday and thank goodness everyone is OK. That is the important part.

I just read my horoscope for the day and it is pretty inspiring: Hope you don't mind me sharing.

You will get greater satisfaction from this day if you turn away from you current distractions, so feel free to forget about your messy house, forget about the bills you have to pay and forget about that annoying noisy neighbor. Instead, if you put a little effort into seeing the bright side of life, you will create a cloud of positive energy that could stick with you for weeks or even months. Sometimes all it takes to get yourself in a good mood is to choose to be in it.



Have a great day everyone and keep safe & dry!

Warm regards and love -

Erin