Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chicken and White Bean Chili: recipe

Oh my word, this is so good!  I am not a huge chili fan but this is something I stumbled upon and tried and absolutely loved. It is hearty, healthy and is so tasty. I love it and I hope you do too -  Enjoy!



1 Tbls vegetable oil
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced

1, 14oz can chicken broth
1, 18oz can tomatillos drained and chopped
1, 16oz can diced tomatoes
1, 7oz can diced green chilies (optional)
½ teaspoons dried oregano and coriander
¼ tsp cumin
1 pound diced cooked chicken meat. ( I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.)
2, 10-15oz can white beans ( any kind will work ) rinsed and drained
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot sauté onions in vegetable oil until soft. Add garlic until fragrant.
Stir in broth, tomatillos, chilies and spices and bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
Add chicken and beans and simmer for another ½ hour to an hour. Cooking longer will not hurt this recipe. I also smashed some of the white beans before I put them in the pot to help thicken.
Serve with tortilla chips on the side or over rice.


Warm regards and love,
Erin